How to Fix Connecting to Dota 2 Game Coordinator ErrorAnaaR_Ka_JuiCe
How to Fix Connecting to Dota 2 Game Coordinator Error
Dota 2 Reborn is facing many problems including lags, bugs and nowadays almost all Dota 2 Gamers are facing a new issue. When they start the game they receive an error “Connecting to Dota 2 Game Coordinator“. With this issue, users can not find any game normally and it is like your Dota 2 has not connected to Dota 2 network.
So here are a few tricks which can fix your “Connecting to Dota 2 Game Coordinator” issue. It is also possible that next time you launch Dota 2, you may face this issue again. 1st 3 methods are temporary solutions whereas method 4 and 5 are permanent solutions. Right now if you think that there might be some fix by official Dota 2 developers, then you are wrong and you may need to wait for a long time to get a permanent solution from Steam + Valve.
Follow these simple steps to get rid of Connecting to Dota 2 Game Coordinator issue.
- Sign in to Steam and start Dota 2
- If your Dota 2 Start with “Connecting to Dota 2 Game Coordinator” error, then click on “Play Dota 2” in the bottom right corner and select “Practice with Bots” and in next option select “Solo”.
- Now start your game and select any hero.
- Now load and enter the game
- Now come to main Dota 2 Screen by pressing the Down button in top left corner while you are in the game.
- Disconnect the game by clicking on the “Disconnect” button in the bottom right corner.
- Enjoy, your issue is solved now and you can search for a normal game now 🙂
Alternately you can also get rid of this issue by Going to Learn tab and then starting a Learn game in the left-most column. You will have to follow all steps from step #3 – 7.
If you do not understand anything given in the above lines, then just watch this video below and I hope this issue is solved for you.
This is a permanent solution
This may sound strange to you but its one of the best and permanent method to get rid of connecting to Dota 2 game coordinator error. Download this software WTFast for free. Run this software and then run your game and start feeling the difference. Annoying connecting to Dota 2 game coordinator error will be gone forever. How? This is a software specially developed for the sole purpose of reducing pings, lags and improving the connection with game servers. You have the option to use different servers if one is not working. This way, if one server is down, no issue, you can connect to another one.
This is a permanent solution
1. If Dota 2 and Steam are running, close it.
2. Right click Steam icon on your desktop and then click “Properties”
3. You will see “Target” and this address will be present there. “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe”
4. Now at the end of this line, add space and “-tcp“. It will become like this.“C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe” -tcp
5. Click “Apply” then click “Ok”
6. Now launch Steam then start Dota 2 normally.
7. Your issue must be fixed by now 🙂
- If your Dota 2 is running, close it.
- Now, open Steam and then click on the Steam tab at the upper left corner of your screen.
- Click on settings. The setting menu will pop up now.
- Click on download at the left side of the menu.
- Find download region and change to any other server and click ok.
- Now restart steam and finally change your download region back to original one. Although even if you do not change, it won’t make much of a difference for small updates.
I have not tested this method personally. You can try this method and if it works, please let us know in the comments below.
- log in to http://store.steampowered.com/
- Search for Dota 2 in the Steam store by typing Dota 2 in the search bar or just by clicking this link.
- Click the “Play” button and hopefully everything will be fixed.
Credits for method 5 and 6 go to the comment posters below.