How to Fix Connecting to Dota 2 Game Coordinator ErrorAnaaR_Ka_JuiCe
How to Fix Connecting to Dota 2 Game Coordinator Error
Dota 2 Reborn is facing many problems including lags, bugs and now a days almost all Dota 2 Gamers are facing a new issue. When they start the game they receive an error “Connecting to Dota 2 Game Coordinator“. With this issue, users can not find any game normally and its like your Dota 2 has not connected to Dota 2 network.
So here are few tricks which can fix your “Connecting to Dota 2 Game Coordinator” issue. It is also possible that next time you launch Dota 2, you may face this issue again. 1st 3 methods are temporary solutions whereas method 4 and 5 are permanent solutions. Right now if you think that there might be some fix by official Dota 2 developers, then you are wrong and you may need to wait for a long time to get a permanent solution from Steam + Valve.
Follow these simple steps to get rid of Connecting to Dota 2 Game Coordinator issue.
- Sign in to Steam and start Dota 2
- If your Dota 2 Start with “Connecting to Dota 2 Game Coordinator” error, then click on “Play Dota 2” in bottom right corner and select “Practice with Bots” and in next option select “Solo”.
- Now start your game and select any hero.
- Now load and enter the game
- Now come to main Dota 2 Screen by pressing Down button in top left corner while you are in game.
- Disconnect the game by clicking on “Disconnect” button in bottom right corner.
- Enjoy, your issue is solved now and you can search for normal game now 🙂
Alternately you can also get rid of this issue by Going to Learn tab and then starting a Learn game in left most column. You will have to follow all steps from step #3 – 7.
If you do not understand anything given in above lines, then just watch this video below and I hope this issue is solved for you.
- If your Dota 2 is running, close it.
- Now, open Steam and then click on Steam tab at upper left corner of your screen.
- Click on settings. The setting menu will pop up now.
- Click on download at the left side of the menu.
- Find download region and change to any other server and click ok.
- Now restart steam and finally change your download region back to original one. Although even if you do not change, it won’t make much of a difference for small updates.
Credits for this method goes to the comment poster below.
This is a permanent solution
1. If Dota 2 and Steam are running, close it.
2. Right click Steam icon on your desktop and then click “Properties”
3. You will see “Target“and this address will be present there. “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe”
4. Now at the end of this line, add space and “-tcp“. It will become like this.“C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe” -tcp
5. Click “Apply” then click “Ok”
6. Now launch Steam then start Dota 2 normally.
7. Your issue must be fixed by now 🙂[wpsm_ads1 float=”none”]
This is a permanent solution
This may sound strange to you but its one of the best and permanent method to get rid of connecting to Dota 2 game coordinator error. Download this software WTFast for free. Run this software and then run your game and start feeling the difference. Annoying connecting to Dota 2 game coordinator error will be gone forever. How ? This is a software specially developed for the sole purpose of reducing pings, lags and improving the connection with game servers.
Important Note: If none of the above methods works, that means Dota 2 servers are down. There is nothing you can do to fix it except waiting for these servers to get fixed by Valve. Most of the times it takes 2-4 hours for steam servers to get back online but it can also take more time.[wpsm_update date=”1st December 2018″ label=”Update”][/wpsm_update]