What is Dota 2 Console and Autoexec.cfg and Best CommandsAnaaR_Ka_JuiCe
Dota 2 Console and Autoexec.cfg and Best Commands to Use
Before I tell you what are best console commands, let me first share some basic information with you.
What is Dota 2 Console
Dota 2 Console is a window which opens in Dota 2 game just like command prompt in any windows. It allows users to add different commands to change anything related to Dota 2. You can add those commands via Dota 2 Console, or you can use them in autoexec.cfg file.
How to use Dota 2 Console
In old Dota 2 there was a long procedure to activate and use Dota 2 Console, but in Dota 2 reborn, its simple.
- Sign in to Steam and launch Dota 2.
- Go to Dota 2 settings and further in Options. In bottom right most option, check “Enable Console“
- Now go to Hotkeys and there select any key for Console.
- When in game, you will press that key console will appear.
- If you want to close it, then just press that selected key again or click X icon on the top right corner of the console window.
What is autoexec.cfg
If we want to use lots of commands in our console, then its very difficult to type lots of commands each time we start Dota 2. So we can automate that process by adding a new file in our Dota 2 folder. That new file we add is “autoexec.cfg” and we add console commands in it. Each time game starts, this file automatically executes all those commands which are written in autoexec.cfg file.
How to use autoexec.cfg
To make things easy I will suggest you go to Control Panel >> Tools >> Folder Options >> Uncheck – Hide extensions for known file types.
- First of all, go to your check if your operating system is 32 bit or 64 bit. Then choose the appropriate path.
- For 32-bit Windows: C:/Program Files >>Steam>>steamapps >>common >>dota 2 beta >>dota >>cfg
- For 64-bit Windows: C:/Program Files (x86) >>Steam >>steamapps >>common >>dota 2 beta >>dota>>cfg
- In case you have installed the game in any drive other than C, then you should just go to “dota 2 beta >>dota >>cfg”.
- Right-click anywhere in the opened window then click New and select Text Document
- Once new text document is created, name it autoexec.cfg and then press Enter. So now we have created a blank autoexec.cfg and now it is ready and it has the necessary file type.
- Now you must open it with Notepad where you can add or delete your required commands.
- When you play your first game, whatever commands you added in your “autoexec.cfg” will also be added automatically in your main configuration file which is “config.cfg“. To stop Dota 2 from doing it, right-click on config.cfg >> Properties >> Attributes >> Read-only.
- The file is created now and we need it to load automatically whenever we start Dota 2. To do so, go to Steam ⇒ Library⇒ Right click on Dota 2 – Properties ⇒ Set Launch Options ⇒ add +exec autoexec.cfg
You do not have to remove the quotation marks (“”) from commands
So, now you may ask, what are the commands that I need to add in autoexec.cfg. So you can see below, these are the best to use commands in Dota 2 and most of the commands are used by Pro Dota 2 players like Funn1k and Arteezy. If you want to their files, you can just download the autoexec.cfg files used by these pro players, or you can make a new file for yourself and use whatever you want.
Here is a list of Dota 2 Console Commands which had ALL the commands.
Best Dota 2 Console Commands
For now, I will write down below about console commands which Na’Vi Funn1k and Arteezy use during the game. I will also explain what those commands actually do and why should we use it.
Arteezy’s Autoexec.cfg file
Also here is Arteezy’s old cfg (dont know if still actual):
Copy commands after line below.
con_enable “1” //Enables Console
cl_cmdrate “60” //Amount of updates sent to server per second
cl_updaterate “60” //Amount of updates received from server per second
rate “80000” //Total amount of bandwith dota may use
cl_interp “0” //More network stuff below…
dota_camera_disable_zoom “1” //Can’t zoom camera in
dota_disable_range_finder 0 //Shows spells are within casting range of targeted area/target
dota_minimap_hero_size 1100 //Changes the size of heroes on the minimap
dota_minimap_misclick_time “0” //Removes delay before allowing input on minimap
dota_health_hurt_decay_time_max “0” //Fade time on Damage done/received reduced to instant
bind “F1” “dota_camera_setpos -2273.898682 1232.745483 982.072876” // Top Rune, Camera Bind
bind “F2” “dota_camera_setpos 3035.773438 -2972.680176 966.072937” // Bot Rune, Camera bind
Copy till above line.
These are old commands to activate network information which Funn1k and Arteezy used. But these commands are no more required. Now in Dota 2 Reborn, you can activate it via your Dota 2 settings. Simply go to Dota 2 >> Settings >> Options >> Check show network information. See image below for easy understanding.
Funn1k autoexec.cfg (Source)
Copy commands after line below.
rate “80000” – Max bytes/sec the host can receive data..
cl_updaterate “30” – Number of packets per second of updates you are requesting from the server.
cl_cmdrate “30” – Max number of command packets sent to server per second.
cl_interp “0.05” – Sets the interpolation amount (bounded on low side by server interp ratio settings)..
cl_interp_ratio “2” – Sets the interpolation amount.
cl_smooth “1” – Smooth view/eye origin after prediction errors.
cl_smoothtime “0” – Smooth client’s view after prediction error over this many seconds.
mat_vsync “1” – Force sync to vertical retrace.
r_screenspace “1” – smoothing is on.
con_enable “1” – console is activated.
fps_max “120” – Frame rate limiter..
cl_showfps “1” – Draw fps meter. FPS (Frame per second).
retry – Retry connection to last server.
volume “0.5” – game’s volume.
snd_musicvolume “0” – music’s volume.
Copy till above line.
See inventory like old Dota
use the console command “dota_import_steam_inventory_layout” without quotation mark to import your Source 1 inventory placement as it is. It means, the way you placed your items in Source 1 Dota 2, will be added in your Dota 2 Reborn.